FIRST 90 DAYS COACHING
How to navigate your first 90 days in a new job
Did you know that 90% of new leaders fail in the first 18 months of starting new jobs?
If you are like most successful people I know who have a great track record in their careers and have just landed the perfect new job… you might be filled with a mix of emotions.
On one hand…
- You’re excited about the new opportunity and a chance to prove your worth.
- You’re up for the challenge and opportunity to learn in this new role.
- You like what you’ve seen of the organization culture.
At the same time, you might be secretly saying to yourself…
- Yikes! I’ve sold myself into a job that’s more than I can do. I’m sure I’m going to fail.
- I’ve got way too much to do to get up to speed and do my job. I’ll never be able to get it all done!
- They’re going to find out that I don’t know as much as I’ve told them I know.
- I have no supporters where I’m going. I’ll be ALL alone.
- This place might not really be like they’ve been saying it is and I might be miserable in the new culture.
You can read a leadership book but while you are already in the thick of transition and overloaded with new information—on top of being busy in a new job which normally involves a steep learning curve — this simply won’t help you stay focused, on top of things and clear about your plan.
If you are a leader who is taking on a challenging new role or moving to a new organization and experiencing enormous pressure to perform, you might be asking yourself, “How can I…”
- quickly adapt to a new industry that greatly differs from my previous experiences?
- successfully integrate with my new team?
- stretch myself up to this new role effectively and within an efficient timeframe?
- get support to improve my time management and organization skills without revealing a weakness?
- leverage my strengths in this new role and pursue my own career development goals?
- have a “safe place” to address my concerns about this new position and this transition?
- build my resilience during a stressful time?
- develop a clear action plan for my first three to six months?
It’s a fact: Not every employee can lead effectively and research shows that approximately 40% of new leaders fail within 18 months of accepting a new leadership role.
If you have recently been promoted or taken on a new, challenging leadership role, but are feeling a little anxious about your responsibilities or just keen to put your best foot forward, executive career coaching can be a very useful process to mentor you through the first 90 days of being a manager.
A professional can help you achieve success in your new role in a more powerful, focused, and often quicker way than you would on your own.
Who should use it?
Executives who are about to start a new role, either through promotion or business move.
This is what we’ll do in 90 Days:
- Negotiate expectations with key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for early wins
- Build your plan/ establish your vision
- Assess the strength of your team
- Avoid speed bumps that knock new leaders off the rails
- Adapt successful transition techniques to personal style
- Enhance communication skills to build relationships
- Create lasting shifts in spite of challenges of first 100-days
- Build resilience
What are the deliverables and outcomes?
Specific intended results and success measures are developed with each individual and are likely to include:
- Key priorities for the business understood and early wins secured
- Structure defined, both personal and performance targets and objectives set for direct reports
- Effective working relationships established with the key stakeholders and broader network
What is your investment?
I understand that, whether you are an executive in a new role at the top, middle level, or leading a project, coaching face to face may not be practical and therefore I will tailor the First 90 Days Programme to your specific needs:
I offer an accessible way to get coaching to make your first 90 days exceedingly successful. The programme involves:
- Strategy session prior to starting your new job
- 6 Face to Face/Phone or Skype coaching sessions (around 90 minutes each)
- All templates, check-list & action plans
- Email contact and Skype chat as needed
Your Investment is £1500 paid in 3 easy payments of £500 OR **Save £300** just £1,200 as an upfront investment
Paid in 3 easy payments of £500
Pay in full – £1,200
It might be the best investment you make to support your career success!
Contact me on www.talkwithmargaret.com for a complimentary consultation.
Your Investment is £1500 OR **Save £300** just £1,200 as an upfront investment